My Beautiful Ryan xoxoxoxo

Our beautiful Ryan was born in 2005. He was born with a condition called Blepharophimosis Syndrome. This condition affects the eye area making them look partially closed all the time. Our gorgeous boy is a tough little bugger though and has never let this condition affect him. He get's watery eye's regularly and has never complained, he just takes it all in his stride. He has now started school and gets asked by the other kids why his eyes are different and his reply is "I've got special eyes!".

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Magic Eye's.......

So.... on our way to school the other morning, Ryan say's to me: "mummy, I don't think I want the doctor to fix my eye's anymore...."!! As I started having a minor panic attack (cause he's been soooo good up until now!) I calmly said to him "why's that Ryzie??" to which he replied....: "I like my magic eye's!" hehe So I don't really know what makes them magic, but I have assured him that even after the doctor operates on his eye's they will still be magic - maybe even more so! So now he seems to be happy again.

I am just hoping now that this is all I hear about him NOT wanting the op's done. I'm thinking that it is just perhaps because we've all been talking about it lately and raising money (thanks Rell!! and everyone who has donated / helped out!!). But I'm not really sure - I think we'll have moments like this over the next few months and maybe even tears.. but I hope it is all worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment